Since I don’t have any current creative endeavors to report about, I thought I would share a fun project I recently made. She is the equivalent of an Appalachian make do doll, made with leftover scraps and whatnot. I made the doll form with a wire armature. I then wrapped the wire with cotton batting. I tore the fabric into strips and wrapped the batting, using a bit of hot glue here and there. I used some jute pieces I had saved for her hair. Then I fashioned a dress from a knit shirt I had. Finally I embellished with ribbon, tulle, a small bracelet and some millinery flower scraps. Her name is Dolly. Unfortunately I had to put her away in the pared down, staged to sell decorating plan. So for now Dolly is keeping a low profile.